The Role of the Governing Body
The Trinity All Through School Governing Body provides strategic leadership and accountability for the school.
Its Functions and Responsibilities
Its main functions are to;
- To provide a strategic overview that ensures the pupils learn most effectively and achieve the highest standards
- Act as a “critical friend” of the school by providing the Executive Headteacher, Head of Primary and staff with support, advice and information and monitor and evaluate to school’s effectiveness and promote the interests of the school and pupils.
- To ensure accountability. We are accountable to parents, pupils, the community, the Diocese, Local Authority and Ofsted
It is also responsible for many important decisions in the running of the school. These include:
- Appointing the Executive Headteacher and Senior Leaders. Governors are also involved in the appointment of teaching staff as appropriate.
- Agreeing the aims of the school curriculum and ensuring the national curriculum is implemented
- Determining how the school’s budget is to be used each year
- Dealing with official complaints and exclusions
Our governing body is comprised of :
- The Executive Headteacher;
- 1 elected staff governor;
- 2 elected parent governors;
- 1 governor nominated by the local authority;
- 1 co-opted governor; and
- 8 Foundation governors.
The staff governor is elected by the staff and normally serves for 4 years.The parent governors are elected to serve the Governing Body by parents of the school and normally serve for 4 years.Parent governors are pleased to hear about views and ideas and can be contacted in writing via the school office.Foundation governors are appointed by the Southwark Diocese Board of Education, East Lewisham Deanery and Good Shepherd PCC.
The co-opted governor is invited onto the Governing Body, by the Governing Body, to add areas of expertise and to represent the local community. We use a robust set of skills audits to ascertain the requirements and expertise required by the governing body.
A full list of the governors as well as information about their appointment, committee membership, attendance, and the Register of Business interests is available below.
Contact the Governors
To contact the governors please write to them care of the school or email with clear instructions on whom the message is for: firstname.lastname@example.org
The full governing body meet formally 4 times a year. We also have 3 committees that meet 3 times a year each:
- Curriculum and Standards
- Finances, Resources and Staffing
- Risk Assessment
On top of this structure we have a subgroup that meet once a year with regard to Staff pay and a group that set and monitor targets for the Executive Headteacher. All the governors are called upon for behaviour panels and appeals.
2020-2021 - VIA ZOOM MEETINGS ONLY